ARKA JAIN University Policy for Consultancy
ARKA JAIN University aims to promote academic, industry and research collaboration by utilisation and sharing of expertise of its faculty members beyond the boundaries of academic environment. AJU encourages its faculty members to participate in consultancy activities appropriate to their academic/professional strengths.
The aim of the consultancy policy is to ensure that the consultancy undertaken by the faculty members are consistent with the University’s objectives, financial regulations and procedures. lt encourages and facilitate its faculty members to exchange the knowledge and the expertise sought by the industry, government agencies and other research organisation.
The AJU Policy for Consultancy will be applicable to all the AJU Faculty Members involved in consultancy.
Terms and Conditions for Consultancy Services
Consultancy Services include the exchange of professional expertise, knowledge, skills, experience by a faculty or staff member of AJU to a client or an external party, for a fee, voluntarily or in any other consideration at all. The policy should be governed with following conditions:
- The consultancy undertaken must ensure the mutual benefits to all the parties including the University.
- The agreement for the consultancy shall not have conflict with University Policies such as code of conduct of faculty member.
- A faculty member seeks to start consultancy service, needs to submit the proposal to the competent authority/HOD of the respective department or school of the University. With the recommendation of the respective competent authority/HOD and the approval from the Registrar, AJU with the concurrence of the Vice-Chancellor, AJU the concerned faculty member may start the consultancy services.
- An institution / organisation / company interested to avail the consultancy services from AJU, needs to submit the proposal to the Registrar, AJU. Based on the expertise required for the proposed consultancy services, the name/s of the faculty/staff members will be recommended by the competent authority to execute the services
- Any intellectual property arising from the consultancy services, shall be governed by the intellectual Property Policy of the University.
- The office of the Consultancy Project invigilator must be the regular office inside the University premises.
Responsibilities and Privileges of Faculty Members involved in Consultancy Services
- AJU faculty members are encouraged to get engaged in consultancy work / project within the ethical and legal framework of the University.
- AJU faculty member may spend the time for consultancy work without affecting the academic activities and subject to the approval granted by the university on merits of each case.
- AJU faculty having consultancy project are entirely responsible for the completion of the consulting work undertaken. He shall ensure all the requirements of sponsoring/founding agency in respect of reports, financial statements and other deliverables that are required to be met in a timely manner
- AJU faculty having consultancy project are fully responsible for the staff working in the project.
- AJU faculty having consultancy project will ensure payment for all the AJU facilities used in the consultancy work as per the norms decided by the University authorities from time to time.
- Wherever relevant and applicable, AJU faculty shall provide copy of tax invoices and all other expenses incurred with respect to the research activity shall be maintained and made available as and when required
- The faculty members who take up consultancy assignments shall periodically keep the Registrar of University informed on the progress and submit the report on satisfactorily completing the assignment along with the copies of communication to this effect by the sponsoring agency.
All expenses for a consulting project/work shall be recovered by the University from the sponsoring organisation. The cost will include the charges for use of professional human resources based on time to be spent on consultancy service, any out of pocket expenses like travel or outsourced services, charges for use of any technical facilities, consumables and institutional overheads, applicable service charges, contingency expenses etc.
Entitlements to the faculty members/employees engaged in Consultancy Services.
The sharing of the consultancy proceeds between the University and consulting faculty/employees will depend on the extent of expenditure elements in each case and time of engagement of working hours of the faculty and as mutually agreed.
Administrative and other support
The University will facilitate appropriate administrative and other support as may be needed case by case basis that may include support for processing of proposals, use of technical faculties, provision or recruitment of support staff, documentation, financial administration or even procurement support as may be relevant in each case and for the scope of consultancy
Conflict of interest
AJU policy with regard to conflict of interest rests on the premise of “trust & faith” and integrity of respective members to disclose any information that could lead to conflict thereby ensuring that any conflict of interest could be resolved in appropriate manner befitting all concerned.
No faculty member engaged in consultancy assignment shall indulge in fabrication/falsification of data in either recording or reporting, resort to plagiarism knowingly or intentionally and all other such acts normally not conducive of being considered ethical. University shall take suitable actions as applicable to such cases.