Fashion is a highly visual form of personal expression and it’s through wearing fashionable garments or owning fashion products, individuals can express their values, interest and identity. The relationship of people with fashion is signiﬁcant as it enhances independence and importance. Fashion is ever evolving and has come a long way from the designer clothes worn by the royalty of the ancient world to the Haute Couture which are high fashion customized products of the present. Like everything, fashion too has been under the inﬂuence of the changing social and cultural attitudes and the whole perception towards fashion and designing has evolved over time and place, especially in India, where in the current scenario it has emerged as a booming industry, with lots of youngsters opting for careers in fashion in order to enjoy the great prospects attached to it .The scale of its scope and opportunities never drops down, since the fashion industry is an ever growing ﬁeld of economy and its growth is the proof of the ever expanding opportunities it offers.
Students who love to be inspired and have ﬂair for creativity, style and originality and want to have a career in fashion, the BA in Fashion Design course provided by AJU is tailor made for them. It is structured to provide students with creative, technical and business skills required to excel as designers and as well assume various other prospective roles in the fashion industry.
- Conceptual Enhancements: High focus on inculcating and developing design thinking through subjects like Elements of Design as well as Concept Based Design Projects – product and garment range developments and insight into fashion and design through study of History of Costumes.
- Skill Developments: Skill development and enhancement through subjects like Visualization and Representation Techniques, Fashion Illustration, Pattern Making, Draping, Garment Construction to name a few.
- Software Skills Training : Imparting computer software knowledge and skills through in- depth training in basic soft wares like Microsoft Ofﬁce as well as Design Soft wares like Photoshop and Corel Draw, providing students with additional designing tools.
- Professional Enhancements: Training in Marketing and Management and Business Communication along with Personality Development inputs to make the students industry ready.
- Industry Experience: To provide an on ﬂoor practical glimpse and experience of the functioning of the garment and fashion industry, the college facilitates internships for students in existing fashion and garment enterprises.
- Portfolio development Garment Range Development: Guiding and mentoring students to develop their portfolio and to develop a range of garments as the graduating project right from design ideation to actual creation of the garments which display their point of view as designers and their thorough understanding of design technicalities and expertise.
Progressive teaching Aid
- Training through Practical Demonstrations
- Workshops by Professional Experts
- Industrial visits / education Trips Ÿ Research Based Assignments
- Socially Relevant Projects
- Training in Market research
- Internships in Fashion /Garment Industry Enterprises
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs
- Craft Development Projects
- Audio Visual Interactive Training
- Computer Labs for Software Training
- Pattern Making and Garment Construction Labs for Practical Training
- Library – Resource center for Design Thinking and Research References
Career Opportunities available to the Graduating Designers
- Fashion Trend Forecaster
- Apparel and Accessory Designer
- Costume Designer
- Textile Designers
- Fashion Merchandisers and Sampling/Production Coordinators
- Embroidery and Print Designers
- Fashion marketing and Brand Managers
- Fashion Journalist
- Technology driven careers options in Fashion
Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
Eligibility: A candidate should have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10 + 2) from any recognized Board