A quality research intends to illuminate a large mass with the advanced knowledge and the advent of new theories, models, concepts and ideas. A formalized research work is further enriched once the problem identification stage culminates into the formulation of hypothesis and defining the objectives. It is followed by data collection, data analysis and deriving conclusions.
Doctor in Philosophy (Ph.D) is the highest degree awarded by the University. It is a distinctive training provided in the field of research. The Programmes offered in various disciplines at the University aims to upscale the prospective Scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers in their respective field of study. A Research Scholar needs to undergo the Coursework Study and related Evaluation, preparation of Thesis/ Dissertation, appear for Viva-Voce to finally qualify for the degree. ARKA JAIN University, Jharkhand offers Ph.D programmes and regulates them through its academic Council, in compliance with UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D Degrees) Regulations, 2016.
In the entire process, the University ensures to provide their Ph.D Research Scholars the best guidance, mentoring support and help. This is the uniqueness of the doctoral degree programmes offered at the University.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PH.D PROGRAMME
- It is an advanced Postgraduate Degree involving three or more years of independent research on an original topic
- Full time or Part Time (Distance mode not allowed)
- Is undertaken with the support of one or more expert academic supervisors
- It results in a thesis that offers a significant original contribution to the knowledge repository
- Confers the title ‘Doctor’ upon successful completion of the program in all respects.
- It is the highest academic degree a student can achieve and is considered the de facto entrance qualification for a career into academics.
SUBJECT SPECIALISATION AREAS OFFERED FOR PH.D
- Commerce & Management
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Computer Science
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO PURSUE A PH.D PROGRAMME
- A Master’s Degree / Post Graduation (2 years) / M.Phil. with minimum 55% marks of equivalent from any accredited Institution for General Category and 50% marks for SC / ST Category candidates.
- Should obtain no objection certificate from his/her previous Organization/Institute.
- No Candidate shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D Programme if he/she is already registered for any full time Programme of study in any University/Institution.
- Please follow the upcoming notifications in the University website from time to time.
- Fill up the Admission Application Form and submit the relevant documents for the purpose of verification.
- The candidates who have cleared an All India National Level Competitive Examination like NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / ICMR / GATE prior to the admission to the programme shall be exempted from the written test of the Ph.D. Selection Process and they need to appear for the Interview round only. For the purpose of consideration of the said exemption they must timely submit scanned copy of the issued certificate along with the application form.
- Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
- Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the university.
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
PH.D @ AJU
ARKA JAIN University has a team of well qualified and talented experts to guide and supervise the academic works of the scholars through explicit discussions and provide support at all times that will help and reflect the academic progress to plan, manage, communicate and write research as well as excel in examination and viva voice to achieve the doctorate degree.
World Class Digital Library facilitated with latest E-Books/E-Journals. An advanced Digital facility is provided. The electronic resources can be accessed on or off campus, 24/7. Scholars can surf the internet, watch and listen academic related videos & audios in the digital library. An in-campus access to Developing Library Network (DELNET) is being offered to the research scholars on request. To develop a sense of academic integrity amongst researchers the University has offered free access to URKUND Plagiarism Checker Software.
The scholars are encouraged to use the computers available in library, may also access Computer Lab for research work. They are also encouraged to bring their own mobile device, tablet or laptop as per convenience.
Auditorium: There is an air-conditioned Seminar Hall and Auditorium with audio-visual facilities offering ample seating capacity for regular seminars, Paper and other Presentations to be regularly held in order to nurture and polish the talents of the existing Research Scholars.
Transportation: A fleet of buses ply from University to various locations of Jamshedpur to pick and drop the students and faculties.
Accommodation: The hostel is available for outstation women candidates only.