Central Library of Arka JainUniversity was established in the year 2017. It is located at a convenient place at the 3rd floor of the Block C. It is a very well stocked library with the state of the art amenities. The Books are classified according to Dewey decimal classification. All the books are barcoded. The stack areas are well organized and quite spacious. Presently, the library follows open access system.
The Library is Automated using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) LIBMAN for Campus. This automation offers many opportunities to improve service to library users (staff, students and faculty members). It helps library staff to serve the users better by facilitating a multitude of tasks. KOHA, integrated library automation software has been introduced.
It acts as the learning resource center and occupies a unique place in academic and research activities of the University. It provides current, accurate and authoritative information from print and electronic resources using the state-of- the-art technology.
- Leadership for the selection, organization, access, and preservation of sources of knowledge in all formats
- Exemplary information services designed to fulfill the needs of a great public research university
- Inspirational environments for collaborative and individual discovery, study, and learning
The Library is an essential partner in the creative exploration, intellectual growth, and scholarly pursuits of the University.
To that end, the Library will:
- Invest in user experiences that inspire the creation, discovery, and sharing of knowledge:
- Physical Space
- Virtual Space
- Provide expertise, services, and tools that prominently position the Library throughout the life cycle of research, teaching, and learning.
- Integrate innovative approaches to how the Libraries develop, disseminate, and preserve collection and information resources.