Clubs and organizations are a vital part of university life! A club is “a group of students organized with a similar interest for a social, literary, athletic, or other common purpose; while an organization is a group of students organized for and acting toward a particular cause”. Students have the opportunity and choose to join these groups for many reasons including: pursuit of individual interests; career networking opportunities; social camaraderie; and many more activisms. ARKA JAIN University have a very active student club and organizational system and all students should be strongly encouraged to pursue club and organizational membership opportunities to help them enrich their college experience.
What are the main reasons that students should join campus clubs and organizations?
Attending college or University brings many new aspects and transition in a student’s life, including a new level of independence and responsibility. Depending on where you decide to attend any school of study, you may find that you must develop new friendships and engage in a new social atmosphere as you work toward your career goals. Many students find this task easier to embark upon through joining clubs and organizations that fit their individual interests, needs, and goals. A specific club or organization may satisfy several aspects of interest for a student, such as networking to find to learn more about an academic related subject and the opportunity to socialize and meet new people. Students have a variety of purposes for joining clubs and organizations including:
- Networking Opportunities: Networking provides a student with the opportunity to meet other students and professionals with common goals and interest. Additionally, students’ can receive information and resources that will support their current and future interests and goals.
- Social Opportunities: Many clubs and organizations are formed based on leisure and recreational interest. Students may wish to pursue membership in these types of clubs for personal enjoyment, as well as an opportunity to meet people with the same interest.
- Personal Development: Joining student clubs and organizations give you the opportunity to meet a diverse population of people that allow you to expand your thinking and interest. It encourages personal development through communication and exploration of different interest.
- Leadership Skills: Joining a club or organization allows you to develop leadership skills within an environment of your peers. You will be able to learn from fellow students and establish your leadership abilities through planning and implementing different activities and events.
- Organization and Management Skills: You can gain valuable experience in the execution of procedures and policies by your involvement in clubs and organizations. All clubs/ cells / organizations laid down well established rules and procedures, which must be adhered by all clubs and organizations that want to operate on campus. These systems help to understand the organizational structure and helps to build these vital skills.