Scholarship Policy and Procedures
|1||Type of Scholarship|
|2||Scholarship Committee and Selection Procedure|
|4||Scholarship Policy: Terms & Conditions|
|5||List of Recognized Federation|
ARKA JAIN University always encourages scholarly aptitude and merit in Students. In order to facilitate Scholarship among Students towards their Academic excellence, following Scholarships are awarded by the University to Meritorious students:
A. MERIT BASED SCHOLARSHIP POLICY [AS PER ANNEXURE 1] – SCHOLARSHIP CODE – AJUSP101
- For UG Programs: Merit Scholarship can be availed on the basis of XII standard percentage at the time of admission
- For PG Programs: Merit Scholarship can be availed on the basis of Graduation percentage at the time of admission
- Merit scholarship may also be availed as per score or rank obtained in National Level Entrance Test conducted for admission into a specific program. For e.g. JEE – Mains for B. Tech, CAT, MAT, XAT, C-MAT for MBA etc. This scholarship is applicable only in the 1st year and not renewable.
- To continue the scholarship, the student should maintain a CGPA 8.0 and above every year, without any back paper, UFM and Indiscipline case.
B. SCHOLARSHIP FOR SON/ DAUGHTER OF DEFENCE PERSONNEL [INDIAN ARMY, INDIAN AIR FORCE, INDIAN NAVY, INDIAN COAST GUARDS, PARAMILITARY FORCES INCLUDING CAPF (AC)] – SCHOLARSHIP CODE – AJUSP102
- Scholarship for Son/ Daughter of Defence personnel (Serving / retired)
Scholarship of 5% of Tuition fees is applicable for wards of Defence personnel in first year of the UG and Diploma programs.
For claiming the scholarship, student will be considered eligible ONLY, if he/she is carrying a valid certificate / document as under in original at the time of reporting for Counselling /Admission-
- In case of serving Defence Personnel –
Dependent’s card issued to the servicemen/A certificate issued by the Unit Head/C.O. of the Servicemen
Aadhaar card of the Serviceman
Aadhaar card of the student
- In case of retired Defence Personnel –
Discharge certificate of the Servicemen
Aadhaar card of the Serviceman
Aadhaar card of the student
Scholarship for Son/ Daughter of Defence personnel (Martyrs Defence Personnel / Gallantry Medals Awardees)
Scholarship of 10% of Tuition fees is applicable for wards of Martyr Defence personnel in first year of the UG and Diploma programs.For claiming the scholarship, student will be considered eligible ONLY, if he/she is carrying a valid certificate / document as under in original at the time of reporting for Counselling / Admission-Following documents are required –
- Dependent’s card issued to the servicemen/A certificate issued by the Unit Head / C.O. of the Servicemen
- Aadhaar card of the father / mother
- Certificate of Gallantry Medal Award
- Aadhaar card of the student
c. SCHOLARSHIP ON THE BASIS OF PERFORMANCE IN SPORTS (AJUSP103) [DETAILS AS PER ANNEXURE 2] – SCHOLARSHIP CODE – AJUSP103
- The scholarship amount will be awarded as per Sports Quota Scholarship policy.
- To continue the scholarship, a student would be required to participate actively at University / professional level sports activities of the order at least for which the student has been granted scholarship in first year.
D. SCHOLARSHIP FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS ON OPTING FOR A HIGHER PROGRAM AT ARKA JAIN UNIVERSITY -SCHOLARSHIP CODE – AJUSP104
- Scholarship of 10% of Tuition fees for the students graduating/graduated from ARKA JAIN University and opting for a higher program in ARKA JAIN University without any gap on submission of following documents:
University ID Card
Copy of Provisional Certificate issued in the same year / Grade Card (all semesters)
E. SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED STUDENT – AJUSP105
- Scholarship of 5% of semester fees is applicable for the differently abled student on submission of following documents / condition:
The student has to submit the certificate of handicap issued by the Competent Authority at State / National Government Hospital / Board (as per the guidelines issued by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India).
F. SCHOLARSHIP POLICY FOR THE EMPLOYEE OR WARDS OF EMPLOYEES OF THE ARKA JAIN UNIVERSITY – AJUSP106
- The Scholarship for the Wards of the Employees of AJU University shall be as under:
20% waiver in all semester fee
The Scholarship shall be applicable on all the programs offered by ARKA JAIN University.
The Scholarship shall be applicable till the employee is serving the ARKA JAIN University and shall be withdrawn when the employee leaves ARKA JAIN University.
The scholarship shall not have a retrospective effect.
G. SCHOLARSHIP POLICY FOR NEED BASED FEES WAIVER – AJUSP107
- The scholarship under this criterion will be decided by the scholarship committee based on various application received by students, who faced financial hardship due to any unforeseen event like loss of key family members, job loss in the family, critical illness in the family. Scholarship committee after checking the merit of each case, tries to provide scholarship up to maximum 20% of total fees.
Scholarship Committee and Selection Procedure
- All scholarship applications received shall be scrutinized based on defined criteria by the scholarship selection committee. The scholarship selection committee matrix includes Deans of faculties, HoDs, Registrar, Director (academics and Planning). The scholarship committee also has additional responsibility to explore available funds. An equitable distribution of scholarship is ensured by the committee based on merit/s and promotion of a program, not compromising on the competitive merit and qualifications of the eligible candidate.
- The scholarship committee shall develop a repository of open scholarships and institutions who consider award of scholarship to meritorious students, procedures to attract students with scholarship grants from other agencies/NGOs and, encourages students to apply for competitive scholarships/need based/merit based /governmental scholarships and enables students to secure scholarships from corporate donors, foundations, philanthropists and willing non-governmental bodies. Applications are thoroughly scrutinized and shortlisted under various categories. The finalization of names is at the sole discretion of the committee members who take unbiased decisions. Students who are found ineligible for the award on various factors are not considered for the same. Award of scholarship also depends on availability of funds during that particular academic year.
The committee meets once the application formality is completed and scrutinizes the applications received in that particular academic year. The consideration may be based on merit, merit cum means, and eligibility as per government rules, special talents, sports and the like.
The scholarship award clearly mentions the amount, type of scholarship (partial/full/tuition fee waiver for specific period/special categories), duration and terms of reference for renewal and termination of scholarship. Students have to sign the scholarship acceptance letter before the last date. As a matter of policy the University awards only one scholarship in a year to a particular student. The awardee is communicated the same and is advised to go through the terms and conditions to avail the scholarship and sign the acceptance letter. The clause makes it clear that the facility may be withdrawn by the University at any time if the candidate is found ineligible for the same.
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY: TERMS & CONDITION
- All the eligible student/s has to apply for the scholarship using university application forms after completion of the enrolment and/or at the time of enrolment. Scholarship applications received after the due date shall not be considered for the scholarship award selection process.
- Any student is eligible for only one scholarship, whichever is higher
- The students who are eligible for the scholarship/s as per the norms specified by the University should address their application to the Registrar with relevant documents for consideration
- Scores / Marks / Grades / Ranks as required for award of scholarship should be without any Back / Improvement / Supplementary papers.
- Students completing their Degrees from open school/part-time will not be eligible for scholarships mentioned at S. No. A.
- If at any stage, it is found that an applicant has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information / facts which would have rendered him / her not eligible for the admission and / or for benefit of fee / scholarship which has been awarded by the University basis initial documentation, then the admission and / or benefit of fee / scholarship will stand cancelled and all such financial support will be recovered by the University.
- In case of any escalation / representation / dispute / discrepancy / clarification, the decision of the Vice Chancellor will be final and binding.
- The Management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per it discretion.
- If there is any further confirmed disciplinary violation, the scholarship will be discontinued permanently. The student will not be eligible for the award of scholarship for subsequent years, if any.
List of Recognized Federation
- Soft Tennis -Amateur Soft Tennis Federation of India
- Baseball -Amateur Baseball Federation of India
- Badminton- Badminton Association of India
- Athletics -Athletic Federation of India
- Ball Badminton -Ball Badminton Federation of India
- Carrom -All India Carrom Federation Golf- Indian Golf Union
- Cycling- Cycling Federation of India
- Chess- All India Chess Federation
- Handball- Handball Federation of India
- Football -All India Football Federation Billiards &Snookers- Billiards & Snookers Federation of India
- Basketball -Basketball Federation of India
- Boxing- Boxing Federation of India
- Karate- Karate Association of India
- Squash -Squash Racket Federation of India
- Weight Lifting -Indian Weightlifting Federation Polo –Indian
- Polo Association Hockey-Hockey India
- Table Tennis -Table Tennis Federation of India
- Wushu -Wushu Association of India
- Kho-Kho- Kho-Kho Federation of India
- Swimming -Swimming Federation of India
- Wrestling- Wrestling Federation of India
- Shooting- National Rifle Association of India
- Kabaddi- Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India
- Volleyball -Volleyball Federation of India
- Yachting -Yachting Association of India
Applicant is required to submit the Xerox copy of original certificate of participation in the above level of sports games. All the applicants need to bring the original certificates for verification at the time of admission.
In case, the candidate fails to produce the required certificate as per the level of participation, he/she will not be considered for the award of scholarship.