3 YEARS FULL TIME BA ( Hons.) - ECONOMICS
The Three -year full-time program in Economics is designed to meet the growing need for an analytical and quantitative approach to problem solving in the changing corporate world by the application of the latest techniques evolved in the ﬁelds of Economics and Management. Overall educational aim of the BA (Hons) in Applied Economics is to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to deal with the complexities of an economic system and to contribute to understand problems of production and distribution of scarce resources and applying the principles of economics in optimal utilization of resources.
- Experienced and qualiﬁed faculty
- Industry compatible curriculum
- NCFM Module Certiﬁcation from National Stock Exchange – Name of the module : Macro Economics for Financial Market
- Training on Statistical Tools : SPSS/SAS
- Students are encouraged to visit for practical’s at different Institutions such as Banks, Factories, Business houses, Stock Exchange, other Financial Institutions etc
- To provide students with a basic theoretical knowledge and understanding of the structure of an economy, its governance process and the environment in which it operates.
- To provide students with ﬁrst-hand experience of how an economic system operates in practice.
- To provide students with an integrated understanding of the important functions within an economy – production, distribution and consumption – and the way in which they inter-act.
- To develop students’ capacity in critical analysis of and reaction upon economic issues and their ability to undertake applied research in selected areas.
- To prepare students for a career in economic analysis and related ﬁelds and develop their capability to contribute to society at large.
- To enhance students’ lifelong learning skills, communication skills and personal development
Employability & Career Options
Economics is considered as ever green subject due to its high utility and huge demand in the job markets. Economics is a very important discipline both for career as well as job point of view.
The signiﬁcance of economics has greatly increased post reforms era. Job opportunities have increased manifolds post liberalization, privatization and globalization (LPG), and after merging of world economy. Well-trained economists are in huge demand not only in India but also across the world for rapidly globalizing economic scenario. The career prospects for economics graduates are many. Numerous ﬁelds are waiting for economic graduates both in the public as well as the private sectors. Some of those are listed here:
- Investment Banking
- Business Analysis
- Policy Analysis
- Indian Economic Services
- jobs in Reserve Bank of India
- PSUs and other Public Sector Banks
- Banking and Insurance
Duration: 3 Years I Six (6) Semester
Eligibility: A candidate should have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10 + 2) from any recognized Board