- Only AJU Students, Researchers, Faculty and Staff as registered members are allowed to use the Central Library.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance of the Library.
- A duplicate Library Membership card will be issued on payment of Rs.100/-.
- The ex-faculty/staff members may be enrolled as members against a security deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- Some eminent academicians/scholars and other dignitaries may be enrolled as Special members on the recommendations of the Vice-Chancellor, AJU only against a security deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- Consultation facility is available for Research Scholars of other Universities/Institutions for a short period.
- The Research Scholars should bring recommendation letter from Supervisor/Guide or letter from the concerned Department/Organization.
- The visiting scholar should bring original and valid photo ID – Passport (Foreign Scholars), and University issued ID (Indian Scholars).
- Books are issued for a 21 days except Reference Books.
- Duration of Book loan for the students is 04 (Four) books for 21 (Twenty One) days and for teachers 4 (Four) books for 21 (Twenty One) days.
- Two copies of the same book will not be issued to any student and no book will be issued without the production of the Library Card.
- Books in demand may not be renewed.
- Readers are responsible for books issued against their names.
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- The material such as rare books, theses, dissertations, loose issues of periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
- Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the time of return.
- Late fine will be charged @5 Rupees per day per book after due date.
- Membership shall be suspended for repeated delay in returning the books.
- Re-Issue of library-membership card cost Rs.100/-
USE OF COMPUTER/LAPTOPS ETC..
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only.
- Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Readers must carry their Library Membership card while using the e-library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- Readers are not allowed to share their Internet access ID and Password with other students.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Use of laptops in the cubical systems where computers are already installed is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
GENERAL READING HALL
- The right to use General Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for bonafide members of Central Library, AJU.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used/ occupied on the first come first served basis.
- Capturing/reserving seats for friends/future use is strictly prohibited. Other scholars may remove the bags and books if these are left unattended on the tables.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
- The Readers’ are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, mobile phone etc. at the property counter.
- Loss of any such material will be readers’ responsibility.
- Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any other printed materials and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, and sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the Property Counter against a token. These are not allowed inside the Library.
- In case the property counter token is lost, the deposited article may be claimed with proper identification after producing a written request.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should deposit the books to the circulation counter after consulting,
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages to the readers.
- Online class/webinar/meeting/consultation/interview conduct and attend in library are strictly prohibited.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other members.
These rules are subject to revision/updation from time to time without assigning any reason. For latest Library rules and regulations, please visit Central Library, AJU.